Sunday, January 25, 2009

EWB conference culture shock

I've just arrived back from the EWB National Conference in Toronto and feeling some culture shock. The conference itself felt similar to a family reunion - the one with the side of your family that you like ;) There were times where I felt as though I was completely in love, surrounded by so many people very dear to my heart. I definitely recommend taking opportunities to move away from your current bubble of life. Not forever, but just to remind yourself that the world is much larger than your own environment. The change of scenery will make you appreciate what you have that much more.
I want to thank my second family (you know who are) for continuing to push my thinking, showing me such compassion, and inspiring me to keep growing. I miss you already..

No comments: